The Joy of All Who Sorrow Orthodox Christian Church has been at its present location since 1988 and serves as an anchor in the Old Northside and Herron Morton neighborhoods. In 2015, the parishioners had the opportunity to purchase the late Romanesque Revival building, completed in 1901 on N. Delaware St. Designed by Rev. N.A. Hyde, construction began in 1894.
Rather than moving to a newer facility, parishioners chose to invest in the present location, preserve the architectural and historical integrity of the building, and strengthen their community programs.
A three-year capital campaign to raise $900,000 was begun in 2016. Pledges and gifts of $741,000 have been received. The campaign completes the purchase of the building and grounds, and establishes an endowment for future restoration and maintenance of the building.